[Libre-soc-dev] c4m-JTAG dependency issues

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Oct 9 20:23:09 BST 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 8:06 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 11:48 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > ---
> > crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 6:59 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Luke,
> > >
> > > Am I supposed to be installing cocotb from the main developer's repo
> > > or from https://gitlab.com/Chips4Makers/cocotb/tree/dev_wishbone?
> >
> > neither.  from https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=c4m-jtag.git;a=summary
>
> Yes I did that. Fails because of ModuleNotFoundError:

f***** f***** f*****g f*** :)

what the f***'s it doing running the testbench??

  File "/home/colepoirier/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cocotb/__init__.py",
line 246, in _initialise_testbench

i happened to have cocotb installed from 2+ years ago and forgot about
it.  i don't even know where it is.  1 sec
>>> import cocotbext
# possible namespace for /home/lkcl/src/libresoc/cocotbext-wishbone/cocotbext
import 'cocotbext' # <_frozen_importlib_external._NamespaceLoader
object at 0x7f30dc3e56a0>

cat cocotbext-wishbone/.git/config

[remote "origin"]
    url = https://github.com/wallento/cocotbext-wishbone.git

i just checked, it doesn't need cocotb (at all) to actually run once installed.

i've temporarily removed cocotb entirely from the setup.py.  please do
a git pull and check it.