[libre-riscv-dev] Request for Scoreboard and Functional Units Update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 30 18:31:25 BST 2020

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Ok. Thanks for the well written update. Sounds like things are moving a
> long nicely.

slower without michael.

> Browsing through the codebase, I didn’t find anything alarming.

i am really impressed by what michael did, very quickly, however it was the
collaboration that really did it.  cole as well, his enthusiasm is
inspiring, and it is very funny that he knew flat-out zero about gate-level
programming *and* python, let alone nmigen, even a few months ago.

the entire suite of FUs that we did is entirely combinatorial, which made
progress much faster.
the pipeline API makes life one hell of a lot easier.

the places that have been slow progress are the time-dependent FSMs.