[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 22may2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:10:11 BST 2020

On May 22 2020, at 8:02 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> * attended both OpenPOWER weekly coffee calls which were nice to do,
> especially learning about microwatt first boot and also what Cesar does.
> both very cool.

Would you mind giving a one line description here of what Cesar does?
I'd be interested to know as well.

> y'know... i have to say, i am not often aware at the time because i take
> breaks and binge watch series episodes (Stargate SG1 at present, but only
> because i ran out of American Ninja Warrior episodes), but each day when
> actually written out does seem to be one hell of a lot.  this probably
> because i don't do anything else, the entire day.

>From an outsiders perspective, Luke, it appears as if you never sleep!! :)

> * keep an eye out for Cole.  i couldn't work it out, either.  might need
> your help, Michael.

Appreciated, very much appreciated. I spent all of yesterday failing to
get bpermd to work correctly, upon reflection today, since I'm pretty
sure I've tried all possible reverse indexing (e.g. 63-i, 7-i)
permutations, I suspect that I may be missing a line? Or something else
that I causing my module to behave close-ish(very ish) to correctly,
since it produces bit patterns that are usually off-by-one but in
but the bit that is off tends to move around the 'result area' that is
the least significant byte of output ra.

> work some on the bperm module with Cole.
> --Michael

I appreciate it Michael, in the mean time, I will work on the corilis2
chroot script, I believe it is almost complete, just have to setup a
user-USERNAME.mk file that sets up the include paths for alliance correctly.

Cole