[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 21may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu May 21 20:32:04 BST 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:10 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will be attending the OpenPower virtual meeting later today.

oh, thank you for reminding me.  anyone else welcome to attend as
well.  details here:
https://openpowerfoundation.org/openpower-virtual-coffee-calls/

> working on the mul and div units as well.

great.  if you like i can do a cookie-cut (stub) of the suitable
soc.fu.{siomething} code, while you do the actual pipelines in
ieee754fpu?  that would give you a clear place to drop in the pipeline
stages and also i could define the regspecs?

> Am helping a friend build a computer, managed to accidentally get an Intel
> mobo (gigabyte b365m instead of b450) and an AMD cpu, so had to send the
> mobo back :(

ooo ouch.  never done that, but did buy motherboards that had memory
corruption until they had a BIOS update...  that was not fun, as i'd
bought *eight* of them (!)