[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 16may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 16 16:56:13 BST 2020

On Saturday, May 16, 2020, Michael Nolan <mtnolan2640 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I worked on the branch Function Unit and implemented (I think)
> all the types of regular branches (no traps though). Today, I'd like to
> finish up the CR Function unit, and do some general tidying.

sounds great.

i don't know about you, i was deeply impressed that crand etc are all
implemented in about 2 key lines of code by using the actual instruction
bitfield as a 4 row truth table.

this is so ridiculously minimalistic that it is worth documenting properly,
otherwise it is easy to overlook, a la "where's the damn switch
statement??" :)