[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction and Questions

Yehowshua yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Fri May 15 20:20:03 BST 2020

> On May 15, 2020, at 3:15 PM, Jeremy Singher <thejsingher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Part of the reason I'm asking so many questions (beyond my own
> curiosity) is that I will likely be
> a TA for a computer-architecture course in the near future, and I
> would like to revamp the course by
> having students interact with real RTL for a complex SoC, instead of
> just simulators.

NO WAYY!!

So how I actually got involved in Libre-SOC was that I was trying to start a open cores effort in Georgia Tech’s ECE department.

A couple GT VC alum’s prodded me into the direction of starting a company with Libre-SOC.

Also, my ECE department hired me to revamp the computer architecture course because I complained about it so much.

So I decided to make a website for the future course here: https://comparch-resources.ece.gatech.edu <https://comparch-resources.ece.gatech.edu/>
We’re beta testing the course with students remotely this summer. I decided to have them use nMigen.

You can see how to install yosys correctly here: https://comparch-resources.ece.gatech.edu/resources/nmigen/nmigen/ <https://comparch-resources.ece.gatech.edu/resources/nmigen/nmigen/>

I’m a grad student about to graduate end of summer at GT.

Yehowshua