[libre-riscv-dev] PowerISA 3.1 (Power10) spec released

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 12 08:56:15 BST 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:07 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> > No, we couldn't. The lowest level, int only, has the same BE
> > requirement.
> >

> Ok, sounds like we definitely need to talk to OpenPower about this.

we need to talk to them, however it would be good to review and agree
what we talk about, before contacting them, because the people on the
openpower-hdl-cores low-traffic list are extremely busy.

they're sufficiently busy that the core engineers (the ones in IBM,
responsible for the POWER architecture) have not yet responded -
publicly - to our ISAMUX/NS letter
(https://libre-riscv.org/isa_conflict_resolution/isamux_isans/), and
ISAMUX/NS is an extremely important part (absolutely mission-critical)
of what we need to do.

hugh has been working hard to encourage them to engage on the list: i
believe it'll be the first time that they've ever publicly interacted
with a libre/open community.

so we therefore need to treat them as a critical strategic resource
and plan our responses very carefully.