[libre-riscv-dev] Merging Repositories and Auto-Generating Static Documentation

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 4 13:59:48 BST 2020

so is that clear, yehowshua, the detrimental implications to the
project if this decision were to go ahead?

i have been doing project time-management for a long time, always
thinking through the consequences of a decision, estimating completion
time fairly accurately, and we simply do not have the time to spare
(not even, really, to discuss it).  even Jean-Paul would be impacted
on the coriolis2 ASIC layout side because the changes result in him
having to change the way he supports us: his automated build scripts
would need updating to reflect changes to the repository structures.

with only 15 weeks left, we need people to knuckle down and get on
with the tasks, and regularly keep in touch about progress.  we don't
need extraneous non-essential tasks to be added to the list.

every extraneous non-essential task means that the functionality of
the ASIC has to be cut back even further from what has already been
removed.

does that help explain the consequences of what seems like an
otherwise simple and reasonable discussion?