[libre-riscv-dev] Documenting the SOC tree Repository

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun May 3 01:21:45 BST 2020

On Sunday, May 3, 2020, Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> > On May 2, 2020, at 7:24 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > i really do not like branches.
>
> OK no branches

appreciated.

>  I’d like to move the CSVs to the soc repo, and then do an iframe to the
> git tree raw to display in the wiki.

a simpler proposal is to write a script that commits and copies the files
to the other (ikiwiki) repo.

some instructions can be placed in isatables indicating where the canonical
versions are (in soc).

however this again leaves

> I can wrap it in a little js to get the browser to render the csv as a
> table.

hm hm that makes js a hard dependency where it presently is not.

i wonder if the postcommit hook in ikiwiki could be modified to pretend
that the files are in the same repo.  the static html would then be built
still from the same source.

> It doesn’t make sense to submodule the entire wiki in the SOC repo just
> for some tables. That’s structurally wrong.

i honestly don't know the best option here.  duplication risks getting out
of sync.  all ootions have disadvantages

> Moving the CSVs directly into the SOC repo is low priority for me now -
> but, I’m just putting it out there - its something that needs to be
> addressed sooner than later.

the postcommit option i can ask alain if he can have a look.

l.