[libre-riscv-dev] Documenting the SOC tree Repository

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 2 05:40:39 BST 2020

On Saturday, May 2, 2020, Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> I’m reading the rather large SOC repository right now.

it's not that biig.  err is it?

the IEEE754FPU one i know is around 10,000 lines.  as python projects go
that's pretty small.

I’m creating documentation as I go along.

fantastic.  i do recommend leaving out minerva except perhaps some
commentary about it at the top level, that we intend to borrow its use of
wishbone and its L1 I and D cache code, to save on both development and
unit test time.

in particular it has a formal correctness proof for the L1 cache.

sadly we didn't yet put in an NLNet grant request to cover documentation,
which we still could do if you like?

one suggestion / request, if you create a page to describe some classes
(whatever) please do cross-reference them *in the actual code*.

make sure to commit and push pretty much immediately.  under no
circumstances go "i'll commit these and wait a few days before pushing
them".

> This may take a few weeks.

not a surprise.