[libre-riscv-dev] extremely busy crowdsupply update started

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:18:10 BST 2020

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 1:47 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Friday, March 27, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I ended up with quite a bit more than a paragraph or two, hoping
> > that's ok since this is the first time simple-soft-float as appeared
> > in the CrowdSupply updates, and I've been working on it since june at
> > least. I'd appreciate a review by someone else to help catch errors. I
> > pushed my additions to crowdsupply.git.
>

> looks great jacob.
>
> were there any challenges or anything that was difficult or easy?  it is
> "insights" that are the kind of thing that make updates interesting.

Added a little on that in the Kazan shader compiler section.

> oh, do mention the "rust library of the month" thing for example, and when
> that happened, and how what has been done expands on that since.

Added the mention, algebraics was the Crate of the Week back in October.

> also i suggest explicitly mentioning that these two libraries can be used
> by *anyone*, they are *not* specific to this project, and are exactly the
> kind of side-benefit that comes from sponsorship from NLNet.  hm i might
> word that one if that's ok.

Seems as though you added that.

> oh, nearly forgot! can you also do a quick section on kazan, mentioning the
> intermediary milestone?

I ended up writing a whole new big section on the shader compiler IR.
We should probably copy a lot of that to our documentation.

At this point, we should probably split the update into multiple
separate updates or something, it's getting too long to easily read.