[libre-riscv-dev] Building Docker Containers

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:43:09 BST 2020

> On Mar 30, 2020, at 11:13 AM, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 01:59 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> yes... except bear in mind that you in no way need to do a "Windows".
>>
>> 1. git --global user.name blah
>> 2. git --global user.email blah
>> 3. sudo bash
>> 4. mv /home/blah /home/blahblah
>> 5. edit /etc/passwd /etc/shadow and /etc/group
>>

> don't forget /etc/gshadow
>
> Jacob

Don’t worry I kept my ssh keys. But I was having additional problems
that I believe were self-inflicted through careless pollution of my global
package namespace among other things, so I wanted to do a clean
install so that I don’t have erroneous bugs crop up due to this during
the HDL workflow setup. It was my mistaken assumption that changing
my username would interfere with the proper functioning of my ssh
key because it has my old username instead of my new one. I’m happy
I was wrong :)

Cole