[libre-riscv-dev] Building Docker Containers

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 21:51:12 BST 2020

On Mar 29 2020, at 1:02 pm, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, 12:58 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>> it would be good to have Makefiles and/or install.sh scripts and other
>> automated install things which can be called by people setting up from
>> scratch.
>
> The gitlab CI can be set up such that it just runs the install script, if
> needed. currently, the script is short enough that I don't think that's
> necessary.
> The install script and/or gitlab CI just runs the required make, setup.py,
> and/or cargo build commands.
>
> Jacob

Luke, I'm doing this on the Kazan gitlab in the libre-soc-dev-env-setup
repository
(https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/libre-soc-dev-env-setup). I'm
planing on making many smaller scripts that each do only one spefic
thing (eg. install yosys, install all general software prereqs from apt,
etc.). These scripts can then be combined as needed for specific
purposes/set-ups. I will write the basic use cases as these
purpose-specific aggregations, specifically the entirety of the HDL
workflow setup.

Cole