[libre-riscv-dev] Hello!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Mar 10 20:50:57 GMT 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 8:18 PM Chris Harding <sjrct at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> A friend of mine, Jon Trossbach, pointed me to this project and it looks pretty interesting and I would like to participate!

fantastic.

> To introduce myself, my name is Chris and I am a programmer with experience
> primarily in Python and C. I have been writing code for a gosh while now by my
> standards, professionally on and off (currently off) for the past 5 or so years.
> You can check out some of my projects on https://github.com/sjrct

nice.  "Frosk is a 32-bit, multitasking os for an x86 architecture. It
is written in NASM and C".

ahh goood.  we will actually be doing the unusual thing of, "ok, so if
you could add whatever instructions *you* wanted to some hardware,
that do a decent job, what would they be?" thing, rather than "oh god
here we go, programming in assembler where we *know* there's nothing
that can be done about how awful it is".

so by doing your own OS, i take it you're not in the slightest bit
fazed working at low-level assembly, then? :)