[libre-riscv-dev] Contribution measuring (not trying to start a war)

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:32:31 GMT 2020

I was wondering what benchmarks would we use to determine how much each of
us has contributed for when Libre-SOC is more monetarily successful and
someone wants to sell stock or determine how much of the profits they get?

I think we should try to come up with something reasonable, maybe some
combination of lines of code (sloc?), a difficulty factor (preferably
estimated by others), and an importance factor (so algebraics would have
lower importance compared to the 6600-style issue logic) and some
additional terms for non-code contributions?

The idea is to be as transparent and fair as possible, without spending
unreasonable amounts of time calculating contributions.