[libre-riscv-dev] [OP-CD] Save the date - 25-26 June - OpenPOWER Summit North America

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Mar 3 01:11:22 GMT 2020

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, Immanuel, Yehowshua U <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu>
wrote:

> > 25 and 26 June we'll be in lovely Austin, TX, the same week and venue as
> > the Linux Foundation's Open Source Summit.
>
> > Stay tuned for CfP and other details!
>
> I can be there as I’m not too far from Texas.
> Is there a way to register?

no idea

the community one, yes

> How are things looking from Hughs end?

good!  hugh is extremely busy however he is persistent and amazingly
helpful.

Hopefully all is well and politically and IBM is receptive of LibreSOC?

Hugh completely gets it, the whole point of the recent efforts of a quiet
and strategic team in OPF has been to ensure libre teams are welcome.

Finding the right technical people who are willing to listen and put the
time in to understand what we are doing, and why, is taking time.

I have made it clear that the only priority is the ISAMUX/NS proposal. that
absolutely has to go into Power ISA as an official extension.  everything
we want to do critically strategically depends on it: everything is hidden
*behind* that, via escape-sequences, with the front being "strict Power
2.07B compliance".

all other extensions can wait and be arbitrarily proposed "at leisure".
ISAMUX/NS can't.