[libre-riscv-dev] Why nMigen?

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 2 21:12:33 GMT 2020

This is all sound reasoning and I’ve had comparable experiences myself.
I’ve had quite some trouble with BSV awkwardness.
The BSV manual is comprehensive - but I had to refer to it so much because BSV fundamentally isn’t intuitive.

I think PyRTL is unfortunately no longer maintained.

Scala is a bit of a different paradigm and not super accessible
Not to mention how slow and spaghetti filled SBT is

I’ll at some point add all these thoughts to the page talking about our rationale for nMigen...