[libre-riscv-dev] libresoc memory architecture

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 23 23:16:53 BST 2020

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:18 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly, Linux supports memory hotplugging, where memory can be added
> or removed while the system is running:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/core-api/memory-hotplug.html

coool, this does not surprise me.  i mean if you think about it, AT
Bus, FlexBus, PCIe, all of these are dynamic memory-mapped
peripherals, so there's no reason why DRAM (or SDRAM) should not also
be dynamic.

each wishbone peripheral would need to come back with an answer at the
physical bus level as to whether the read/write had succeeded.