[libre-riscv-dev] nMIgen now generates C++ models through yosysCXX!!!

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:22:02 BST 2020

On Jun 21 2020, at 7:35 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> nope.  it gets assigned to the default assignee.

Hmm that to me is actually undesirable default behaviour. I would prefer
it to assign the bug to the reporter by default, especially as when
filing the bug I have not seen the option to set an assignee...

Having just checked *searching* for a way to access the assignee field
in the 'reporting' stage, now I saw the "show advanced fields"
hyperlink, which yes I *should* have noticed earlier, but given that
it's so easy to miss and non-obvious, this is additional cognitive load
that causes more problems for our development flow. The current UI
behaviour certainly seems to be 'optimized' against our interests. It
think that these 'advanced' fields should be shown by default because
this functionality is actually fundamental to our process, i.e. basic
not advanced. But this is something that can be corrected in the new,
supplemental UI I guess, not worth the time right now.

>> Turns out I just had to re-run 'python3 setup.py develop',
>

> hmm that's odd.
>

>>  which I find
>> sort of odd because it doesn't seem to have been the case that this was
>> necessary in the past, and is definitely not the case for nmutil, and
>> soc... Unless I've seriously misunderstood something? Clarification on
>> this would be much appreciated.
>

> i have absolutely no idea at all.  not a sausage.

Yes quite odd... will just report this to whitequark on the nmigen
github issue I created.

Cole