[libre-riscv-dev] bountysource and problems with new terms of service

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:07:54 BST 2020

I got an email from bountysource (CCed) saying their terms of service have
changed effective july 1 such that they keep all donated money for bounties
that are unclaimed and older than 2 years old.

I find this totally unacceptable and I will stop using bountysource until
that clause is removed.

> 2.13 Bounty Time-Out.
> If no Solution is accepted within two years after a Bounty is posted,
then the Bounty will be withdrawn and the amount posted for the Bounty will
be retained by Bountysource. For Bounties posted before June 30, 2018, the
Backer may redeploy their Bounty to a new Issue by contacting
support at bountysource.com before July 1, 2020. If the Backer does not
redeploy their Bounty by the deadline, the Bounty will be withdrawn and the
amount posted for the Bounty will be retained by Bountysource.

If any of you have used bountysource or were thinking about it, I encourage
you to complain about this, since I find that totally unacceptable.
Hopefully we can convince them to revert that change.

Contact info:
#bountysource on Freenode IRC
support at bountysource.com by Email
@bountysource on Twitter