[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jun 15 22:13:19 BST 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:08 PM Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> > this could result in something incredibly important being missed, and
> > we have to become OS debugging experts to find out why.
>
> When I can afford a desktop, I’ll use Debian.

biggest amount of RAM you can get.  i know someone (Rudi) who last
year bought 128 GB of DDR4 RAM, a USD 1000 motherboard, and then spent
USD 2,000 on the actual processor.  he said getting it into Thailand
was a real nuisance: it's so powerful that it's export-restricted (!)

> Mac doesn’t have much storage for now so don’t want to do QEMU or dual boot.

ahh yeh that's a pain.  ah well, we work with what we have.