[libre-riscv-dev] LD/ST now a bit better. extra NLNet budgets

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jun 11 20:18:19 BST 2020

hi folks,

i have the LD/ST CompUnit FSM closer to acceptably operational.  i had
to add some very bad hacks in to get it to work, and also into the
L0CacheBuffer.  luckily the prototype L0CacheBuffer is not intended
for heavy production, it's there as a stop-gap measure.

also we have three additional tasks that have been verbally approved,
kindly, by Michiel from NLNet:

* nmigen and yosys funding: EUR 10,000
* POWER9 core funding: EUR 8,000
* SoC Documentation funding: EUR 6,000

we were running particularly low on the development of the POWER9
core, because (a) it is more complex than RV64GC (b) the core is
covered by the original (first) NLNet Grant, applied for in Nov 2018,
and (c) a full half of that first EUR 50,000 budget was allocated to
Kazan.

this is good news for everyone who has completed tasks in the past 2
months on the POWER9 core because now it will be possible (once the
MoU is signed) to give you donations for completing them.