[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 09jun2020

Michael Nolan mtnolan2640 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 19:53:47 BST 2020

On 6/9/20 5:48 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> therefore to test twi, we add a new unit test to that file, and run
> it.  now, it *may* fail (because it's a trap, and we don't actually
> know how qemu will react to that).  we'll cross that bridge when we
> come to it, ok?  we expect at least the PC to be changed to 0x700, so
> will have to work out how to get the PC out of qemu.

While I don't remember exactly how I did it, I think I placed a
breakpoint on the instruction after the end of the program and had qemu
continue until it hit the breakpoint. Since trapping will never trigger
that breakpoint I don't know what will happen. I suspect it will require
a more creative solution though.

--Michael