[libre-riscv-dev] why developers love rust on stackoverflow blog

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:21:46 BST 2020

There's lots of good quotes about Rust:

https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/06/05/why-the-developers-who-use-rust-love-it-so-much/?cb=1

I particularly like this quote (italics translated to asterisks):

> daboross: “As a library author, the complex trait/generic system means I
can craft intricate, yet easy to use interfaces. These interfaces *cannot
be used incorrectly*, which means I don’t have to perform runtime checks,
and my users don’t have to even *think* about problem cases, because they
*can’t write them*.

I definitely agree, and the lack of good interfaces is one of my biggest
pain points with Python.