[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 09jun2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 9 21:15:39 BST 2020

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:35 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today:
>
> I'm excited to start writing unit tests for the TRAP pipeline today, and
> to use the learning methodology you laid out on bug 325 for me that
> involves looking at gtkwave timing diagrams.

with michael having added the qemu-execution thing, you should now
first be able to add a "twi" (or tdi) instruction unit test to that,
first.

this will allow you to check that the *simulator* is correct.

then after you know that the *simulator* is correct, the same unit
test can be used in test_pipe_caller.py, and in that way you will then
be able to test that the *hardware* is correct.