[libre-riscv-dev] FHDLTestCase

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 7 00:49:12 BST 2020

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 12:45 AM Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> nMigen is in active development.

yehyeh.

> At somepoint, we may have to make nMigen a
> submodule frozen at a particular commit anyways.

when the ASIC layout is being done, this will be a hard requirement.
Jean-Paul explained that it is Industry Standard Practice to have full
reproducible builds, fully automated in all respects.  not even the
username / login changes (nobody has separate usernames in the
repro-build scripts: even the username is exactly the same, added as
part of the OS clone/install script).

> We do have tests, so we’ll know when things start breaking.

yehyeh.

> We’ll take it one thing at a time.

:)