[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 03jun2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jun 4 12:02:14 BST 2020

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 4:46 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3 2020, at 5:32 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 1:09 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes sorry about that, part was intentional, which I see now was clearly
> >> a silly thing to do, the other part was that I managed to really mess up
> >> the 'resolution' of merge conflicts.
> >
> > your responsibility to sort out :)
>
> I think I have, but we shall see...
>
> > welcome to working on the same file.

btw, another thing: if you're constantly running into commit
conflicts, it means that you're "panicking and omg omg i can't
possibly commit this i need to leave it a few days because i'm not
confident omg it might not work might damage something omg omg argh
argh"

do a small change, commit it immediately, push it immediately.

do another small change, commit it immediately, push it immediately.

if you were working last night, and committed something without
pushing it, you'll now find that you have another conflict to resolve,
because i've replaced all of the long signal names with the
convenience variables.