[libre-riscv-dev] Fwd: [Mesa-dev] [XDC 2020] Virtual conference + Call for Proposals extended 2 weeks more

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:16:40 BST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez <siglesias at igalia.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 00:41
Subject: Re: [Mesa-dev] [XDC 2020] Virtual conference + Call for Proposals
extended 2 weeks more
To: Szwichtenberg, Radoslaw <radoslaw.szwichtenberg at intel.com>,
events at lists.x.org <events at lists.x.org>, xorg-devel at lists.freedesktop.org <
xorg-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>, wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org <
wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>, dri-devel at lists.freedesktop.org <
dri-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>, mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org <
mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org>, amd-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org <
amd-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org>, etnaviv at lists.freedesktop.org <
etnaviv at lists.freedesktop.org>, freedreno at lists.freedesktop.org <
freedreno at lists.freedesktop.org>, nouveau at lists.freedesktop.org <
nouveau at lists.freedesktop.org>, intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org <
intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org>
Cc: board at foundation.x.org <board at foundation.x.org>

On 7/3/20 4:41 PM, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last meeting, X.Org Foundation board has decided that XDC 2020
> will be a virtual conference, given the uncertain COVID-19 situation in
> Europe by September, including the possibility of a second wave,
> outbreaks and travel restrictions, either in Poland or in other
> countries.
>
> XDC 2020 organization team agrees on this decision and it volunteered
> to organize our first virtual XDC!
>
> We would like to announce as well that the new CFP deadline is Sunday
> July 19th 2020. Don't forget to submit your talk, demo and workshop
> proposals!

As approved in last board's meeting [0], CfP is extended until two weeks
before the conference, or until we fill all the slots (whichever happens
first). Please submit your talk proposals early!

Last two years we had lots of talks about new and fresh development and
we prioritized those over other kind of talks, as they had more
potential for discussions and hallway track. However, this year that
doesn't make too much sense, so we encourage our community to submit any
talk related to open-source graphics stack, including those that focus
on project status updates.

Sam

[0] https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingSummaries/2020/07-16/