[libre-riscv-dev] HDL workflow page

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jan 23 20:50:51 GMT 2020

On 1/23/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 07:22 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> spent several hours writing this:
>> https://libre-riscv.org/HDL_workflow/
>>
>> please do review, add anything missing or make corrections.
>

> We should probably add in building simple-soft-float for use from Python
> assuming we're going to still use it for testing purposes.
>
> Note that the version of Rust bundled with Debian will not work since the
> Python bindings library I used requires a nightly version of Rust.

ok so you should see a section i added an hour ago to the page,
linking to the ieee754fpu readme, would it be best to update that
readme with the build instructions, or put thrm in HDLWF itself?

building rust, and those libraries, it's quite a lot, isn't it.  hmmm
could it be scripted? am just thinking out loud.  if it's scripted
then that's ok to mention in HDLWF, "run this script and it will get
nightly rustlang, simple-soft-float and the python bindings for you"

what do you think?