[libre-riscv-dev] PowerISA, NLNet grants

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Sat Jan 18 17:43:28 GMT 2020

hi !

On 2020-01-18 17:39, Immanuel, Yehowshua U wrote:
> I am wondering why on earth one would wish to switch to PowerISA?

That's a good question, it seems to be somewhat political due
to the RVF being impermeable to Luke's arguments.
oh and because this project does not seem to be "member" of the
foundation ?

But POWER is a "sophisticated" architecture, the little I remember
from it is crazy complex and RV is on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Both complexity and politics will be crazy hurdles to this project :-/

> I did read that Crowdsupply considers RISCV foundation unethical - but
> why is that?

Can you find the sources ? I'm curious.

yg