[libre-riscv-dev] "I'm afraid we're going backwards here."

Ing. Clive Tovero clive.tovero at aol.com
Sun Feb 23 02:40:59 GMT 2020

Hello list,

You know, I had an interesting thought after looking at this project
(not personally affiliated).  It is a good start, but not completed:

3L: The Computing System of the Future
https://3lproject.org/
Goals:
     Exploration
     Safety
     Security
     Robustness
     Correctness
     Privacy
     User Freedom
     Ecological Impact Reduction

It is a light-weight Lisp machine.  Look at that last one, and some of
the others.  I think it might be *part* of that future computing system.

Thought:

I guess everybody here except me has realized that you might be able to
model a simple artificial brain with the Libre-SOC:

Scheme Core: Symbolic reasoning, explaining phenomena
Statistical/ANN ML Core: Pattern matching
CPU: Bookkeeping, memory, attention, sensory I/O
Vision Center I/O Core: visual cortex
   GPU opcode extensions output (screen) AND in (camera)
Chemical Simulation Core (feasibility): emotional "heuristics"

Just dreaming a little, the core interconnect would be a factor, and the
executive OS would be a challenge.  You could even use existing
hardware, and emulate some of the op extensions if need be.

Regards,

Ing. Clive Tovero