[libre-riscv-dev] Eliminate Any Make [was: Avoiding CMake]

Samuel Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:33:18 GMT 2020

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 4:39 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> this sounds terribly fraught with serious problems such as incorrectly
> typing compile commands or
> forgetting to run them and using old object files.

Not using make is not the same as building by hand every time.  I would
imagine that everything is still scripted; it's probably just built using a
shell script instead of a makefile.  Moreover, the shell script is probably
restricted to pure POSIX syntax for maximum reproducibility across
platforms.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II