[libre-riscv-dev] Vulkanizing

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Feb 20 04:15:00 GMT 2020

On Thursday, February 20, 2020, Scheming Pony <scheming-pony at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> A very refined and polite way of what explaining I was getting at earlier:
> "In some sense, you're going back to the graphics system we had, and using
> the new stuff cargo-cult style."

not quite.  there's a difference between cargo culting (which is blind
faith and worship by way of false correlation) and trust in other people's
evaluations and expertise because we did not have [unlimited] time or
resources to do otherwise.

cargo cults are eyes closed.

we are eyes open.

regardless: the decision has been made, has funds committed, and our
sponsors (NLNet) expect us and trust us to deliver, because our reputation
and word is now their reputation and word.

once we have met our obligations and completed what we have said that we
will do, we can then reevaluate.

in the meantime we collate input and feedback so that we have a good idea
of what to try next.