[libre-riscv-dev] Eliminate Any Make [was: Avoiding CMake]

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:45:49 GMT 2020

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 17:28 Scheming Pony <scheming-pony at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> This Libre hardware project probably doesn't require the strictest
> practices, but it makes sense to look at them to see what they offer us.
> The process we used wasn't really that much of a PITA in the real world--we
> had time to make coffee or take a break while the thing was compiling.
> Getting away the workstation is a good mental health safety practice too.
> Off I go...

The system I'm using for Kazan is using incremental builds on my local
machine combined with full from-scratch builds after every commit on a
separate server, that way everything gets thoroughly tested but I don't
have to wait several minutes for each local recompile. Once more people
work on the same git repo, we can switch to requiring the server build to
pass before merging into the main repo.