[libre-riscv-dev] Avoiding CMake

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 19 15:16:33 GMT 2020

> we absolutely do not need the hassle of "supporting" other build
> environments right now.

True.

LibreSOC such and such runs fine on my Mac for now.

I’m always wary of supporting just one platform, cuz then you might end up writing poor code that gets tied to a platform at a specific version. Hec, where I used to work, we were stuck on 10 year old CentOS.

Since we’re using a lot of Python, that shouldn’t be a problem. But just as a sanity check, I like to usually build on different systems, BSD, Arch, etc…

It often helps me write better build scripts in general.

Yehowshua