[libre-riscv-dev] Reference OS

Scheming Pony scheming-pony at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 19 15:05:20 GMT 2020

> On Wednesday, February 19, 2020, Scheming Pony <scheming-pony at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Follow up questions:
>>
>> 1) I guess I am in some quantum space, but what processor *are* we building?
>
> a hybrid  CPU-GPU-VPU.   http://libre-riscv.org/3d_gpu

I did read that (somebody please tell ProtonMail to get IMAP released on Linux, their JS "save" indicators are simultaneously tweaking my Asperger's and hypnotizing me--seriously I have sticky notes covering them, but not enough opacity) thanks.

You could also describe it as a flexible, multicore, general purpose (Connection Machine if interconnected in a hypercube topology) with a unified processor architecture (which in a metaphysical sense is flexible too, "switchable processor architecture").  That thought occurred to me last night as I collapsed from exhaustion.  Now add AD and LM (Lisp machine).  I'll leave it at that before I do the whole Monty Python "string marketing" skit.

CPU-GPU-VPU-AD-LM

P.S.
(I like PowerPC better than *POWER*, less intimidating)

P.P.S.
My tired old ASCII Picasso joke (from Carl at Open Dylan, for MOMA's provenance group):

(\     /)
% ^---^ %
\oo/  sjm