[libre-riscv-dev] Vulkanizing

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 03:02:10 GMT 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020, 18:52 Scheming Pony <scheming-pony at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> > I am still unsure about (1) where on the prototype and (2) subsequently
> on the production ASIC the Mesa driver is going to be run.  Could someone
> clarify this?
>
> To refine my question: it looks like Kazan is going to run on a CPU, which
> one?

The current plan is to have 4 cores that are simultaneously CPU and GPU
cores and rely on the Linux kernel's normal schedulers to run CPU and GPU
tasks which are just different threads of whichever processes are running
them.

There are also some other microcontroller-like cores for handling system
management tasks.