[libre-riscv-dev] Hi, I am new and like to work, contribute to this project

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 16 00:06:45 GMT 2020

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 12:02 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> That’s very interesting. I wonder if this is because they are using a coporate/HR approach to “happiness" as opposed to the more pluralistic “good” and “bad” definitions in the Libre charter i.e. “'Good' is further defined to mean 'increasing Truth, Awareness, Love or Creativity for one or more people including yourself' and ‘Harm' is defined as reducing any of those same four qualities for anyone.”
>
> I erroneously referred to what I was speaking about as “happiness", I was in fact thinking about this definition of ethics, the good, and the bad.

yeah - it turns out that what's "good" doesn't necessarily make people
"happy".   you know what i mean.  people who go BALLISTIC if you tell
them the truth, or make them aware of something that undermines their
point of view, or their "philosophy", or their "religion".

look at the way that people react to Dr Stallman.  they HATE being
told that "Open Source" causes damage, and do absolutely anything to
undermine him: accuse him of being a religious zealot, and much more.

so... yeah.  "happiness" != "good"...