[libre-riscv-dev] Hi, I am new and like to work, contribute to this project

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Feb 14 18:51:35 GMT 2020

hiya veera, i have a task for you if you'd like it :)

i would like to install public-inbox on the server so that even the
mailing lists are in a git repository.  it works very well... *if* the
mailboxes are in Maildir format.

unfortunately, the default configuration on debian for exim4 + mailman
+ pipermail is mailbox-format, and the fact that it takes up vast
amounts of CPU power to parse mailbox formats time and time again is
discouraging the public-inbox developer from adding it as a supported
feature.

can you set up a test debian/stable server somewhere (even if it's a
local VM or chroot), install exim4 internet-facing, drop mailman2 on
it, set that up, then work out how to *alter* both the exim4 and
mailman configs?  google "exim4 Maildir" and it seems straightforward,
likewise google "mailman Maildir" and there are postfix configs out
there (because postfix defaults to Maildir).

the thing is i can't experiment on the live server and i'm also pushed for time.

if you'd like to do that, we can create a bugreport and assign it to you?

best,