[libre-riscv-dev] Cell libraries needed for coriolis

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Fri Feb 7 15:45:09 GMT 2020

Hello Luke,

There is also the mandatory point of the target technology. I got the
impressions that you wanted to use a 180nm one (which is the limit for
which Coriolis can be made to work in a reasonable amount of time).
This should be discussed with Staf also. This is important because
we need that information to configure the symbolic layout for it
(typically, how many metal layers, are they all usable for routing
normal wires and so on). Then we can make place & route that are
sufficiently realistics.

And lastly, there is the tricky part of writing the translation rules
symbolic to real (that is GDSII). We have tried to automate that in
the past but never finished for various non-technical reasons...
This may be the occasion.

Best regards,