[libre-riscv-dev] circuitjs

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:53:54 BST 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 07:44 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 3:38 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > oooo i looove it.
> > > https://github.com/sharpie7/circuitjs1
> >
> > Didn't occur to me to use it -- even though I created the QAM-256
> > Modulator/Demodulator example:
> >
> https://github.com/sharpie7/circuitjs1/commit/323f530ce4c409316e2bab8277636deced3070fc
>
> ooo, wooow, shiny :)
>
> although i am currently spaced-out at how sparkly and shiy circuitjs
> is (just ran the adder circuit example) i'm also really liking it from
> the "educational" perspective.  being able to have *interactive*
> subsets of the circuits we're deploying would be absolutely fantastic.

If we were to try to run much more than some really simple circuits, it
would need things like multi-bit buses and a much faster simulator and
subcircuits (though I think it may already have subcircuits).

Try and see how fast the QAM-256 example is, since that's a more
complicated circuit.

BTW, the offline Java version is quite a bit faster than the online version
which is made using a Java to Javascript translator (GWT).

> i'm even tempted to suggest putting in a new NLNet Grant request to cover
> it.

Maybe write a BLIF to CircuitJS translator :)
allows us to export from yosys to circuitjs