[libre-riscv-dev] GitLab CI Archiver

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Apr 8 17:15:40 BST 2020

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 4:42 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I ended up writing a Rust program that does at least part of
> what we need (I thought it might take an hour or two -- it took 10):

we need to be careful about that: sysadmin tasks are typically done in
bash, using awk, sed, grep, curl and others.

alain will definitely be unable to work on rust programs: he'll be
able to install and use them but it will take him potentially 3-8
months full-time (doing nothing else) to get to the point where he
could _modify_ - take over - anything written in rust, and maintain
it.