[libre-riscv-dev] sorry state of ieee754fpu repo -- CI desperately needed

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:59:15 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 4:10 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:52 AM Frieder Paape <frieder at paape.io> wrote:
> >
> > Alright, it would finally be a chance for me to get a foot in the door
> > since gitlabs CI is something I know about and fixing tests will lead to
> > me getting an idea what the code is about.
>
> ok great.
>
> jacob you good with that?
>
> and with frieder helping on the backend server? (will need your ssh
> pubkey, frieder)

Sure, sounds good. A warning: gitlab-runner thinks it can use all the
free disk space, so you may want to figure out how to reconfigure it
to not use all the space.

I put some manual git syncing code in /home/git-mirroring so you can
add the new gitlab instance as an additional target repo.

Instructions on https://libre-riscv.org/resources/server-setup/git-mirroring/

Do note that I configured iptables to specifically block all local
addresses from docker, so if you try to run gitlab inside a docker
container it will probably not work.

> we can, say, use... EUR 500 from the Purism budget, and see how it goes?
>
> one top priority thing, working out how we can archive copies of all
> messages generated by CI
>
> and in particular, recover the ones already generated, even if it
> means writing a web scraper.

Should be relatively easy to use gitlab's API.

> we absolutely cannot rely on salsa as an uncontrolled resource.  we
> are guests on that machine and should in no way rely on that hosting
> to continue to be provided (and no i am not running gitlab on the 1GB
> memory allocation vCPU behind libreriscv!)

Luke, do note that we are currently relying on the combination of
github and debian salsa to host Kazan's source code, so if they both
kick us out, we'd have to move all the source. We could probably add
some more mirrors using the above git-mirroring script since due to
your selection of port 922 instead of port 22 for ssh, gitlab doesn't
support push mirroring to libre-riscv.org.