[libre-riscv-dev] submitted bugreport to upstream nmigen

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:21:57 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:24 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:26 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We can build it on any other gitlab installation, if all else fails, we can
> > install gitlab on jacob-build-server.
>
> which has ridiculous resources (32 GB RAM for a start).  plus, we have
> root access so can do backups etc.

Actually only 20GB ram, I have 2 2GB sticks and 2 8GB sticks of ddr3
because if I have the ram why not use it. :)

If we want to get more ram, we should get ddr4 ram instead since I
also have a Ryzen 2600 and a motherboard for it that I could swap into
jacob-build-server, however I don't have any spare ddr4 ram.

> would you be happy for frieder to install gitlab on it?  (the more
> people doing stuff in parallel the better).

Sure, though it doesn't have a public IP address and will be nearly
impossible to access publicly. Also, I won't guarantee that
jacob-build-server will be up and running all the time or that I will
even respond quickly to issues (feel free to ssh in and power it off
if all else fails), so we shouldn't have it be a critical
time-sensitive dependency, such as hosting a website.

We should probably still use debian salsa for building and setup some
kind of log scraper since it is publicly visible, unlike
jacob-build-server.
I was thinking we would just put gitlab on jacob-build-server if
debian salsa is no longer viable.