[libre-riscv-dev] RFC: Some Trivial Proposals

Michael Pham pham.michael.98 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 14:54:02 BST 2019

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 6:45 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 22, 2019, Michael Pham <pham.michael.98 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > the name of the project. Sometimes it is Libre RISC-V,
>

> Correct.
>

> >  or Libre-RISCV,
>

> Wrong. See any, replace.
>

> > or libre-riscv,
>

> Website DNS name only.
>

> > or libreriscv,
>

> Wrong.  See any, replace.

Ok, once I have some free time, I'll replace any I see on the wiki.
Although there were some inconsistencies with the name as well on the
crowd supply page which I'll let you know where exactly.

> > # Second proposal:
(snip)
Ok, thanks for considering the second proposal

> > # Third proposal:
> > Adopt a mascot and better logo for the project. We could adopt a
> > turtle as our mascot and I could ask an artist I know to create new
> > art assets for us (creative commons license of course).
> >

> I like the volcano. It's cute.  In a roasting, toasting kind of way.

Oh, I thought the volcano was specifically for the Kazan driver since
Kazan is not exclusive to just Libre RISC-V.
I also like the volcano but if we were to consider the SoC hardware a
separate thing from the Kazan driver, then maybe a separate logo as
well?

> Taglines: The Libre RISC-V SoC. Roasting proprietary hardware since 2018.
>
> mwahaha

I like the tagline, sounds like fiery freedom ;)

-- Michael