[libre-riscv-dev] Vector Operations Extension (cross, dot, length, lerp, slerp)

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:11:37 BST 2019

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 7:55:53 AM UTC+1, lkcl wrote:

> Found what I was looking for, knew I'd seen it somewhere:
>
> https://www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/jcis2006/232
>
> This is a CORDIC algorithm that is power efficient and can do 3D rotations.
>
> I am sure I have seen somewhere else that SLERP can be done with a complex
> number CORDIC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CORDIC#Rotation_mode

ok the paper explains how to use boh vector mode and rotation mode.  the
wikipedia page is, as usual, a lot easier to understand than the academic
paper from which huge amounts of information are missing in order to keep
it short and acceptable for publication in space-limited journals *sigh* :)