[libre-riscv-dev] whole stack of vulkan llvm spirv stuff

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 00:30:41 BST 2019

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019, 13:38 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-LLVM

the reason I didn't use SPIRV-LLVM is because it only handles the OpenCL
variant of SPIR-V (last I checked) as well as being only for much older
versions of LLVM.

> https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/llpc
>
> https://hub.packtpub.com/amd-releases-amd-open-source-driver-for-vulkan-v-2019-q1-2/
>
> That SPIRV to LLVM compiler is apparently two-way!
>
> How did we manage to miss that? moo??

we would still need the scalar to vector conversion code, which is almost
all of the spir-v to llvm converter I'm writing as part of Kazan
(converting scalar spir-v to scalar llvm is trivial by comparison).