[libre-riscv-dev] power pc

Michael Pham pham.michael.98 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:28:03 BST 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 7:09 AM <whygee at f-cpu.org> wrote:

> On 2019-10-23 12:50, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
> > Also, 32-bit floats are stored in the FP registers in 64-bit format
> > (but otherwise behave like 32-bit floats should), this means it will
> > be more complex to store multiple smaller FP values in a single FP
> > register.
>
> that makes the core draw more power than required, as well...

Well, it is called POWER after all hahaha ;)

Ok my lame jokes aside, POWER, to my knowledge has never been used
embedded or low power scenarios. It's mostly used in processing heavy
work, I think? So going with POWER might be an obstacle in Libre
RISC-V's goals for a low power mobile-class SoC.

Michael