[libre-riscv-dev] funding for work on algebraics

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:01:22 BST 2019

I ended up spending about 2 mo writing algebraics, which was supposed to be
a short side-project to provide reference implementations of
non-transcendental operations since softfloat didn't provide them all. Once
I finish writing all the ieee754 operations using algebraics (shouldn't
take long, probably 10 lines of code per function on average) and the
python bindings (already mostly completed for RealAlgebraicNumber, should
be quite simple for ieee 754 library), we can then use it from nmigen.

Would you consider funding part of the time I spent on it ($500-1000)? I
admittedly built it when other libraries (sympy) would have probably
sufficed with much less effort. it would be useful for testing and probably
for formal correctness proofs (though we're not getting funding for that
just yet).