[libre-riscv-dev] chinese sponsor, looking to design an ECP5-based dev board

Samuel Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:54:55 BST 2019

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:22 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> would 85k LUTs do it?

:)  If the Kestrel-2DX is any indication, that'd be enough to store
the entire computer on a single chip with some room to spare.  Things
might get tight only after upgrading the CPU to a larger, more capable
processor more suitable for running Linux.

>  there's this coming out soon enough:
>  https://www.crowdsupply.com/tinyfpga/tinyfpga-ex

I saw that, looks pretty interesting overall.  It does seem a bit I/O
limited, but I did consider the possibility of building a homebrew
computer out of these modules as if they were "chips" as you'd find
them in older computers.  (E.g,. here's the video "chip", the audio
"chip", etc.).

--
Samuel A. Falvo II